Effective as January 11, 2021
Adamsdesk Knowledge Base ("us", "we", "our") website, media content and related service(s) is operated by Adam Douglas.
This policy describes the information Adamsdesk Knowledge Base collect from you through the use of services listed below, how Adamsdesk Knowledge Base uses that information and Adamsdesk Knowledge Base legal basis for doing so.
When possible personal data is collected anonymously to protect your right to privacy and is always done with the utmost care and respect.
- Adamsdesk Knowledge Base Services
- Refers to website(s), RSS/atom feed(s), media content and related services operated by Adam Douglas.
- Personal Data
- A living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
- Data collected automatically either generated by the use of Adamsdesk Knowledge Base or from the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit or an IP address).
- Small pieces of tracking data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Controller
- Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively or provide our services.
- Data Subject (or User)
- Any living individual who is using the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base Services and is the subject of Personal Data.
Types of Data We Collect¶
Personally Identifiable Data¶
While using the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (Personal Data). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Email message
- Usage Data
Ko-fi and LiberaPay is used to facilitate payments directly between users of the platform via third party payment providers, PayPal and Stripe. Therefore, Ko-fi and LiberaPay does not process or have access to payment data.
PayPal allows the recipient of a payment to see the name and email address of the payer, so donors who don't want to reveal themselves should not choose PayPal as the payment method.
We may also collect information how the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your...
- computer's Internet protocol address (e.g. IP address)
- browser type
- browser version
- the web pages that you visit
- the time and date of your visit
- the duration spent on web pages
- device type
- operating system name
- screen resolution
- language name
- country name
We do not try to identify individuals or otherwise collect Identifiable Information from IP addresses or web log information. IP addresses and web log information are used by Adamsdesk Knowledge Base to, among other things, administer the site, help diagnose technical problems, to track and analyze aggregate data associated with the site, to design this site and identify popular features.
We may aggregate IP addresses and/or web log information, and may store, analyze, manipulate, display, disclose, distribute, retain and otherwise use such non-personally identifiable information. We may also provide IP addresses and/or web log information to law enforcement agencies if someone tries to damage Adamsdesk Knowledge Base or use them in an unauthorized or illegal way.
Tracking Cookies Data¶
You may choose to deactivate or restrict the transmission of cookies by changing your web browser settings. Cookies previously stored maybe deleted at any time. However, if you do deactivate or restrict cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base website.
Examples of cookies we use:
- Session cookies
- We use session cookies to operate the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base services
- Security cookies
- We use security cookies for security purposes
Use of Data¶
Adamsdesk Knowledge Base Services uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our services
- To provide support for our services
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our services
- To monitor the usage and security
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To deliver relevant advertisements
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)¶
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), Adamsdesk Knowledge Base legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described in this Adamsdesk Knowledge Base depends on the Personal Data we collect and the specific context in which we collect it.
Adamsdesk Knowledge Base may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and it's not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
We may engage with third party hosting and content providers who act as our Data Processors under the GDPR and provide us sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures that their processing will meet the requirements of this Regulation and ensure the protection of the rights of the data subject.
Retention of Data¶
- Legal obligations
- To comply with applicable laws
- To resolve disputes
- To enforce our legal agreements and policies
- To protect our legal rights
- For internal analysis purposes
- For strengthening the security of services
- For improving the functionality of services
Transfer of Data¶
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
Disclosure of Data¶
Disclosure for Law Enforcement¶
Under certain circumstances, Adamsdesk Knowledge Base may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Adamsdesk Knowledge Base may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation
- protect and defend the rights or property of Adamsdesk Knowledge Base or their Employees
- prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base Services
- protect the personal safety of users of the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base Services or the public
- protect against legal liability
Security of Data¶
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)¶
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Adamsdesk Knowledge Base aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you
We do not provide user accounts or profiles with the Adamsdesk Knowledge Base Services, you can only access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data by contacting us to assist you.
The right of rectification
You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to object
You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
The right to data portability
You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
The right to withdraw consent
You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when Adamsdesk Knowledge Baserelied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we do not attempt to tie IP address information to individual users as part of our processing of Usage Data for the Adamsdesk Knowledge BaseServices.
You may be required to provide proof of ownership of an IP address from the relevant ISP at each time of use for each removal if you wish us to remove IP address information from our records. This is to protect the privacy of other user's information as IP addresses can be shared by multiple users.
However, IP address data is only collected for as long as necessary for the security of the Adamsdesk Knowledge BaseServices and access to the IP information is restricted to the appropriate administrators and service providers.
Please note that we may require you to verify your identity via postal mail for your data security and protection. Valid, identified requests will be responded to within the 30-day requirements of the GDPR upon receipt of the request. Contact us for more information.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Service Providers We Use¶
When visiting our websites, making a donation, or purchase products or services, we use the following third party services which may collect personal data.
|Cirrus Hosting||To host websites||Legitimate interest||View|
|Ko-fi||To accept funds||Legitimate interest||View|
|LiberaPay||To accept funds||Legitimate interest||View|
|Libsyn||To host media |
To play podcasts
|PayPal||To process payments |
To accept funds
|Stripe||To process payments||Legitimate interest||View|
|YouTube||To host media |
To play videos
Links to Other Sites¶
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect or request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian, and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Before reading further, please note that we are not lawyers and do not provide legal or business advice.