LibreOffice Calc Freeze Rows or Columns as Headers¶
When the rows or columns get to be too large, the rows or columns used as a header disappears out of the viewable area of a sheet. These headers (rows or columns) can be frozen or fixed in place, so they remain visible as one scrolls through the sheet of data.
Instructions were tested using the following.
- Arch Linux x86_64
- LibreOffice Calc v188.8.131.52
Once these steps are followed all rows above and/or all columns to the left of the selected cell will be frozen.
- Select the area to freeze using one of the following methods.
- For a row, left mouse click the cell below the desired row in column A
- For a column, left mouse click the cell to the right of the desired column in row B
- For a row and column, left mouse click the cell that is below the row and to the right of the column
- Left mouse click on "View".
- Left mouse click on "Freeze Rows and Columns".
To deactivate, left mouse click on "Freeze Rows and Columns" again.